It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Sunday, October 30, 2011

....well it's a big deal to me!

I'm not really sure that you will give a flying Giraffe fuck or not but it is a big day here at Jack Shit's World blog.  For those of you who do give a flying Giraffe fuck, then this photo is for you!
I'm thankful that Geraldine the Giraffe didn't kick that damn resin chair out from under me!  I was nice enough to push her tail to the side and put a big hocking loogie of spit to loosen her up for easier entry! 

I'll tell you something else that I am truly thankful for and simply put, it is you fine folks.  A great many of you have just began to follow my blog over the last few months and to this I say welcome.  What you may have missed was the original plan for the blog.  To keep the story short, to the point and not bore the holy hell out of you this was the deal.  I had never even seen a blog before in my life.  Friends who really enjoyed my writing insisted that I begin this thing and share my unique tales and opinions with the world.  After wrestling with the idea of it all and trying to figure out why anyone would ever be interested in what I have to say, I decided to go ahead and start one.

The original deal that I made with myself was as follows;  I would work genuinely hard and honestly at the blog.  I would never write anything that was not brutally honest.  If I could get 20 people to follow the blog and get one thousand page views in one year, then I would continue with blogging. 

It was really like a social experiment at first and a way to show the friends who were so supportive of me that I value their opinions, I tried it and it didn't work and I'm done.  I didn't even know where to begin, what to write about or the formula to follow.  The blogs that I looked at before I started mine seemed to be more like single paragraphs and a photo or a video clip and a quick explanation....  Fuck, I can't do that.  It takes me 150 words to say hello half the time.  I decided to just write from the heart and let it go wherever the writing takes me.  I remember going from not giving a flying Giraffe fuck to actually caring about it being viewed and the number of hits.  Then one day I found "STATS"!  It's a button you click on your blog and it has the most amazing info.  It tells you where it is being viewed, when it's being viewed, where it's being viewed and even how it's being viewed!  I was amazed and then I became hooked on following the STATS!  About a month or so in, I can't remember, hell, I probably bitched about it on here, the page view counter stopped working for some time.  I was so pissed, I had become so competitive with myself over this blog I wasn't supposed to care about.  I lost thousands of page views on the counter that never returned.  I was boiling mad! 

As of this day, today, my blog has been viewed in 91 countries around the world, 175 people are signed on to follow it and tonight, the blog will hit 50,000 page views!  The goals I set at the beginning seemed impossible to achieve when I first began.  It is now 11 months in and it beat the goals of page views by 50 times, nearly 9 times the number I had hoped for in followers and it never entered my mind to be viewed in other countries. 

I want to thank you all!  If not for you guys following this blog, sharing my writings with your friends and family and the comments and messages that you send me, this blog would be dog shit, well perhaps with the theme we are running with tonight, Giraffe shit!  Each time you send me a message about enjoying it, or how it touched someone I am humbled!  The night I received a message from a woman who had lost her husband, then her two sisters to cancer followed by her two sons to murder and found herself having already written her suicide note and had the pills dumped out on the night stand, it changed my life.  It just so happened that she had been sent a link to one of my blog posts from another friend thinking it might inspire her or let her know that she is not alone in her suffering, that we all have our own battles to fight.  I won't share what she wrote because it was very private, but when she said that my writing made her not do it that night and gave her the will to hang on a bit longer and keep fighting, I was forever humbled!  The thought that my stupidity, or honesty or anything else I do could positively affect others was mind blowing.  For the record, she is still fighting the good fight and every once in a while, I get a little message saying so! 

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for you unbelievable support in this first 11 months!   I will never forget the love you guys have sent our way.  Each time I'm at a run or an event and someone walks up to me and says "I read your blog, I love your blog, how's Diane", I literally get a bit choked up!  The amount of people who have told me how Diane's battle with MS and the fight that she puts up everyday has inspired them blows me away. 

I see blogs with 500,000 hits and hopefully one day this one will be there too!  If not for you guys who inspire ME, there would be no reason to do this shit!  So keep the comments coming, keep the messages coming, I read every single one of them and keep the love coming and share this with your friends.

Also before I get messages that I'm a sick bastard for banging the Giraffe, understand that she wanted it.  Before you send messages that it's not all about the tall and skinny, that big and a few tons is just as fun, I want you to know that I got ya covered there too.  They say eating ain't cheating so I only let Eloise blow me.............. for now........


Until we see each other on the road,

Keep the Wind in your face
Tits in your back
and The Man off your ass!

Your friend,
Jack Shit
(Giraffe Fucker and elephant oral aficionado)

No comments:

Post a Comment