It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Tuesday, September 13, 2011

IF YOU HAVE NO ENEMIES, YOU'VE NEVER STOOD FOR ANYTHING!

The title is a quote from Winston Churchill!  A few weeks ago, as you guys know I finally lost it and blew my stack and felt it necessary to call some one out!  I had never done that before in my life, well on the Internet that is.  In real life, in the real world I've done and said what has needed to be either!  Since I had never done anything like that before,I tormented myself after having hit the publish button.  I can't tell you the amount of emails, text messages, face book messages and phone calls that I received in support of my actions.  One person in particular was on the phone and said "fuck man, it is about damn time somebody said something"!  I said "thanks, wish it never came to this but I just finally lost it".  His response was "you did the right thing man" and then gave me the quote, If you go through life with no enemies, YOU HAVE NEVER STOOD FOR ANYTHING!  I thought about it and those words certainly rang true! 

I believe that a great deal of the trouble that this great nation is facing these days leads directly back to this very statement.  We have passively become a nation of chicken shits!  I don't know when it began, but at some point it did.  We began to let our most precious freedom, our freedom of speech be taken away from us.   Everyone is afraid to stand up for anything for fear of being called everything from homophobic to racist to radical to crazy.  We have been so slowly beaten back and beaten down that for fear of being ostracised or out casted or God forbid, VOTED OFF OF THE FUCKING ISLAND, we no longer speak up and rarely if ever stand up.  Stand up for what we believe, stand up for what is right, stand up for what we feel in the depths of our souls.  We quietly sit back and say and do nothing!  We have become a nation of people who rather than going out and living our life, achieving the things we've dreamed of since we were children, we sit on our fat asses and watch others do it on so called "reality tv".  Because of social networking, a few of us may find people of like mind, like belief or like heart and have "web bitch sessions".  Where we plan for that time when the moment arises and we stand up and finally make a stand.  Each time those moments do arrive, we become a nation of excuse makers and we list the reasons why we didn't make a stand.  Worse yet, we have stopped even making excuses, we sit quietly by and watch WRONG happen.  People talk a big game, I will do this, I will say that, but when the moment of truth arrives, we become cowards!  It breaks my heart to see a nation as a whole, hell a world as a whole so scared to just stand up and say THIS IS WRONG, YOU ARE WRONG, THIS IS FUCKING INSANE!  STOP, STOP IT NOW!  When something actually does happen, rather than becoming part of it, at best, most will become a witness rather than a participant, why, how, when did this all occur? 

You are probably asking yourself right now, self, WHAT THE HELL CRAWLED UP JACK SHIT'S ASS TODAY?  Well the answer is as usual, the damn news!  Watching the damn news is what got me all fired up. Not for any reason that you can imagine either.  Not because I saw people sit idly by while a tragedy happened, not because rather than help or make a stand, or worse yet, just pull out our new 4G phone and shoot some video of it happening.  Between having to relive the events of 9/11 again and catching the video that I will attach the link to below, that Winston Churchill quote rang true again.  If you have no enemies, you have never stood for anything!  We must be involved, we must get involved or folks it will all be gone.  If we do not make a stand for what we believe in, what you believe in will be gone.  I don't care if you believe in one political party over another, I don't care if you believe in NO PANTY TUESDAYS at your office, I don't care if you believe that cattle should have the right to vote, Stand up, let your voice be heard and even more importantly, let your actions be seen!  Motion, creates Emotion and that is a fact!  Be the first on your block to stand up, show someone else that you are willing to take the heat for what you believe in and soon, you won't be standing alone!  On 9/11, those first responders knew damn well that as they ran in to those buildings they may never return home to what they love, to who they love, BUT THEY DID THE RIGHT THING!  They made a stand.  They were going to help people even if it cost them the ultimate price!  For a great many, they paid that price.  The video linked below is another example of people who made a stand!  People who knew that by helping, that they too could be hurt or even worse!  They put that aside because the RIGHT THING TO DO was staring them directly in the face.  Rather than act in the way we have become conditioned to do and look down at their shoes or WAIT FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO FIX THE PROBLEM, they acted!  Because they made a stand and said STOP, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and risked life and limb, a 21 year old "boy" will see tomorrow!  This fucking kid may be the man who cures cancer, had they not done what they did, we may never know!

So I say make a stand and by God, make enemies if you must but please my friends, STAND UP FOR SOMETHING, do the right thing, a nation of sheep breeds a government of WOLVES!  I bet these people have a much better story to tell than, I stood on the sidelines and what I watched was horrific!  If only I had done something or if only our government officials arrived faster this young man would be alive!

Every single fire begins with ONE SINGLE SPARK!  Light the damn fires!  Make a stand, make your life better. I promise you this, one way or another, you will feel better. 

ON A SIDE NOTE:  I try to never, ever edit a post that I make and if it differs from the original I will inform you, just keeping it honest!  What I want to add to this post that I forgot to type before I hit publish post is a great big thank you to the person who shared this quote with me.  I know that you read these and wanted you to know that my knowledge of this great quote has changed me!  I thank you for that and did not want to mention you by name, but you know damn well who you are my friend!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44510283#44510283


Until we see each other on the road,

Keep the wind in your face,
tits in your back
and The Man off your ass! 

Your friend,
Jack Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment