It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Monday, April 11, 2011

El Camino and Lincoln Continental



If you saw yesterdays post with the video near the snow covered mountains, there were a few cars in Bob's garage and he sent me out to wander around, you may have seen them.  Here are a few quick shots I took. For each of these cars he is the single titled owner.  In other words, Bob bought himself a new car and never got rid of it or should I say them, any of them.  My favorite car on earth is the bad ass suicide doored Lincoln Continental.  Yes, the one Kennedy got shot in!  Hey, I'm from Jersey and nothing screams good times like loading up you and 8 of your dearest friends in the car for a ride down the Shore! 

UNDERNEATH THAT COVER THE INTERIOR OF THIS VEHICLE IS IN SHOCKINGLY GREAT SHAPE.  There was a time back in his "hey day" when Bob loved to show this car!



I can remember running the woods, or looking back on that time now, what was left of them then in a friend's, Grandfather's El Camino.  You were 12 going on 26 and your evil friend who you couldn't understand why nobody else wanted to hang out with him, alone, EVER!  That kid was crazy enough to drive around in that El Camino and you were crazy enough to get in it with him.  Although most of the time it was on or near his farm, when you are 12, being in that vehicle doing crazy do-nuts in a field will leave an indelible impression!  This weekend sort of took me back to remembering a time when life was a bit more simple and all you worried about in the world was "what kind of fun am I going to have today"?    I woke up this morning, refreshed, excited and invigorated.  Perhaps it was last night's living room jam session, or the combination of seeing and hearing just simple, beautiful SHIT!  Snow covered mountains in April in Arizona while standing 30 years later off the beaten path on what was once a larger ranch in it's day, next to two of the cars that have helped me shape my thought patterns, defined a portion of me as a man and be the head waters to the flood of memories that came back with leaning down and looking through the drivers window.  Then wrapping it up as I did as a young man, with someone, anyone, well anyone but me, playing a guitar and singing along.

 I am tired of all the shit that we ARE ALL CAUGHT UP IN these days.  Debt, politics, your kids being taught and protected by maniacs, sex offenders or extremists because unlike when we were children both parents have no choice but to work to pay down the debt and inevitably pay off the Politicians, a wild vicious circle, when did it happen?  What was the catalyst?  What was the thing that we Americans had to have so bad that our mom's had to get a job too, to help pay for?  Like the way Nirvana put the death nail in Hair Metal's heart!  Ah, just rambling on in my brain......  I wold be interested in hearing your theory on what that item was that changed everything.... 

Here are some shots I grabbed of the El Camino, this car was in amazing shape!



Whatever it was that made me feel so damn good again yesterday, I wish I could capture it and package it up in a little inhaler.  Every once in a while when it gets a little hard to breathe or I'm feeling strangled by the bullshit that living in our times brings, I could just puff, puff, puff...... three quick blasts, just like the asthmatic kid I also remember from those long ago times did and he was instantly okay....  Maybe that fat little, coke bottled glasses wearing, pants 4 inches too short, who had to wear his black dress shoes for gym, freaky kid had it figured out all along.

Until we see each other on the road,

Keep the wind in your face
Tits in your back
and The Man off your ass!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

1 comment:

  1. Good Ol' Americana will always make the soul easy. All the retro memories and things gone past. Just like Grandma's apple pie and gas staion pumps. Nothing like it, and these cars are just a great reminder of that feeling of warmth.

    ReplyDelete