It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Friday, September 9, 2011

Born Free 3 after party

If you guys read my recent piece in Cycle Source magazine titled "MAY THE FOURS BE WITH YOU", this was the culmination of that trip, well sort of! It was the culmination of Born Free 3 and it was amazing. I will tell you briefly in case you didn't read the article or in case you have not picked up this months mag yet and I don't want to ruin it for you. What we did was set a plan and then try like hell to follow and we nearly did. The plan was, 4 guys, 4 FXR's, travelling 400 miles and leaving promptly at 4am.... supposedly. Here was the kicker, we ran late and pulled out at 4:44, you can't make this shit up! Not enough fours for you, then here is one more, the temp 114 degrees! That is the reason that we had to leave at 4am to get across most of the desert before the temps rose and killed us! As many of you have read recently, I have fallen in love with the FXR from Harley, I don't know how I've gone so long in my life without one and now I know, I will never go without one again! What you also know is that I AM A CHOPPER GUY at heart and to my very core so it was difficult for me to be at Born Free 3 on a bike with suspension. What wasn't difficult was riding that fucker across the desert and not stopping every 80 miles for gas. Born free was truly an amazing event and I don't know how it can possibly remain a one day event. There was far too much to take in with only a few hours. I have been reading about plans for Born Free 4 and I am pumped. I had heard rumor that the event had grown in just three years from an alley party to a massive event and may have gotten too big! Thank God they are not true.

After we packed up camp at Irvine Lake Campground we decided to make a run up the Pacific Coast Hwy for a few hours and then work our way back down to Seal Beach. Brother Teach and his crew of iron assed maniacs had ridden 2500 miles at the minimum to be there on antique iron, some even further and as a knucklehead owner, I sort of felt redeemed when Elvis, his 47' knuck made the journey with a single issue! Well Teach and his crew were staying down in Seal Beach with Chicago Will another proud knucklehead rider at his place and that is where the after party was held. Will and his lovely wife and crew put out one hell of a bbq spread for all of us and no bullshit, the greatest mac and cheese that I have ever tasted in my life! We hung out until around 7 pm before we had to make our mad dash back across the desert. When I shot the video below of attendees at the bbq, only about 1/3 of them had arrived. I should have taken out the camera and caught more video but I was so blown away by these bikes and then the ones that rolled in afterwards, it never entered my mind to start shooting again. I want to thank Chicago Will for inviting us in to his home, Keith Cole, Milwaukee Mike and Skoog for being the 3 other FXR's in the four story, Kevin Teach Baas and Scotty, Mario the Dirty Sanchez and so many others for making this an amazing trip! There is so much more to tell but one, I don't want to bore you with it, there is a video of some sick ass choppers to look at and just in case you haven't picked up this month's Cycle Source mag yet, I don't want to ruin the story! I do however want you, my fellow chopper lovers to take a look at this video and enjoy these bikes as much as I did. Don't miss out on next years Born Free 4!



Until we see each other on the road,

Keep the wind in your face,
tits in your back and
the Man off your Ass!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

1 comment:

  1. You're really good at this blog thing. Keep up the good work Brother! "GTP"

    ReplyDelete