It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Saturday, May 14, 2011

Grab that shit and hold on tight!

About 10 years ago now, we lost 13 people in 11 months.  With the first loss, it was mind blowing, then came the second and the fear of "bad things come in threes" set in.  Then the third came.  With the horror of coping with the mourning and sadness of 3 deaths, there was this tiny little bit of relief thinking, well, thank God that's over!  Then came more and more, it was a year that I will never forget as long as I live.  We lost parents and  grandparents, friends lost babies and  children, we lost  friends and brothers, there was no age or type of person spared that year.  I wish that none of you, my friends ever have to experience any thing like this in your life.  It was the saddest, blackest year of my life!  I never knew such pain.  At the end, it just became "normal" to hear of another loss.  I nearly came to expect it.

I believe it was the year Diane was diagnosed as well.  We felt as if we must have done something horribly wrong in a past life and then were set up high just to be knocked down to pay for those past mis deeds.  Of course this was not the case, but it surely felt that way. 

I have never served in the military but I understand brotherhood.  I could never imagine how guys could be shot down next to you and you carry on, how do you push forward rather than kneeling at the side of your dead friend?  That year I learned how.  Not only did I learn that lesson, but I learned what was the most important lesson of my life. 

THERE MAY NEVER BE A TOMORROW....  cherish each and every day.  Don't put off till tomorrow what may bring you joy today.  Cherish your friends, your family and love them with all you can!  At many times, life makes absolutely no sense at all.  The bad things that happen, happen when we least expect it and seemingly when we are least prepared to cope with them, yet they happen none the less and prepared or not, we must deal with them!  There is no rhyme or reason as to why it happens or who it happens to.  It always seems that the greatest of people suffer the most and the scum of the earth seem to coast on through leaving nothing but damage in  their wake and remain unscathed! 

Make the best of every situation, take nothing for granted, love openly, love deeply and make sure you love wisely because death isn't the only horrid pain that you can suffer.  There are times when a broken heart can feel as bad or worse. 

My point in all of this is simple, when you have good around you, grab that shit and hold on tight.  Live each and every day as if it may be your last.  Let the people you love around you know that they are loved and appreciated and respected because God forbid something bad does happen, you will forever regret not saying it more often or ever at all!  To me, there is no worse feeling than the "if only" feeling.  If only I had done this or if only I had said that....  it's tough to swallow and even harder to live with!  So make the best of it all.... NO REGRETS!

GRAB THAT SHIT AND HOLD ON TIGHT!

Until we see each other on the road,

Keep the wind in your face,
Tits in your back
and The Man off your ass!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh… Jack that was a pretty deep post. Are you and Diane doing OK?? Just asking..

    Oh.. Do you know if GTP is still kicking? He’s sorta fell off the map…. He’s one of my Hero’s ya know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. shockingly, somehow GTP is alive and kicking... don't ask me how!!! Diane and I are as well as can be expected. Brother is having some major heart valve issues and yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of the loss of a dear friend and we had dinner with her husband. It just got me to thinking.

    ReplyDelete