It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Thursday, May 12, 2011

IT'S JUST SO HARD TO BELIEVE

I FIND IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT TOMORROW WILL BE TWO YEARS SINCE OUR FAMILY, OUR FRIENDS AND OUR ENTIRE COMMUNITY LOST THE QUEEN OF THE STAMPEDE!

I have made so many new friends over these last two years that a great many of you may not know who Lorri Barisic was.  There are very few regrets in my life that I look back on and say if only things had been different.  One of those regrets was that I did not have more time in my life to get to know this Angel better.  On the flip side of that coin, I think about how lucky I was to have gotten to know her at all!  Lorri was Brother F Bomb's girl of many years.  The relationship they shared was very much like the one I share with Diane.  They spent each and every possible moment together that they could.  Not because they had to, but because they loved to.    When we lost Lorri, the outpouring of love was like nothing that I had ever seen or experienced in my life.  The number of people whose lives she touched was completely mind blowing.  I don't know the number of people who attended her memorial but the phrase "standing room only" really does not even come close to describing the attendance.
In the great many funerals or memorials that I have performed, I had never been touched like I had this day!  People came from every walk of life.  Lorri was the one that everyone in need came to and walked away no longer in need.  When I closed the funeral service I asked all in attendance, before you make a decision, before you make a judgement or before you condemn someone, ask yourself this, W.W.L.D.?  WHAT WOULD LORRI DO?  I think if we took a moment and touched upon some of the "pure" that encompassed her soul, we would each be better people. 

In the photo above was one of Lorri's bikes.  We lost Lorri while she was doing what she loved most.  Lorri was known as the Queen of the Stampede.  You guys know what the Stampede is right?  If not, I'll explain.  The Stampede is a motorcycle race that goes from sea to shining sea more or less.  Coast to coast, California to Rockingham, North Carolina and culminating in a celebration at the Smoke Out East.  Coast to coast, big deal right?  Hell, we can all do that!  Well hang on there for a moment and then factor this in, no windshields or fairings, no suspension in any way shape or form, rigid only, no hard saddlebags, tool boxes only, no rubber mounted engines, sounds a bit harder now don't it?  Well Lorri ran that race and was one of only a few that have ever even tried.  Not only did she run the race but she helped with the organization of it, keeping everyone updated on changes and such and more or less, keeping the whole damn thing together and that is why she was known as THE QUEEN OF THE STAMPEDE!  Sadly, while doing what she loved most, running the Stampede two years ago tomorrow with the love of her life F Bomb, she was run down from behind by several speeding tractor trailers in the middle of the night, in the middle of Oklahoma!  To add insult to horrible injury, this mother fucker that hit her, lied about everything and pretty much just drove away after.  I have never been so blown away by the actions of a police dept. in my life.  I say this to the Oklahoma State Police, FUCK YOU YOU INCOMPETENT FOOLS!  Did you go to the school of investigation online?  I don't want to bring up any thing more in the way anger but wish to remember our friend Lorri as she was, full of love, life and joy!

Since Lorri's passing, brother F Bomb has continued to honor her like nothing I have ever seen in my life.  People speak of a love that never dies, but I get to witness it each time I see brother Bomb!  This guy should have his photo in the dictionary next to the word commitment and while we are at it, put his photo next to the word Heart as well. 

I can't begin to imagine what he has gone through from the moment of the accident right up until today and I hope and pray that I never have to.  I have witnessed grace under pressure like I have never seen in my life while watching this man, my friend grieve and keep the loving memory of the love of his life in our hearts and minds!  God bless you Brother Bomb, you sir are truly class!  I have never in my life witnessed such strength and fortitude! 

Sister Lorri, you will forever be in my heart and on my mind!  Just remember folks, stop and think, W.W.L.D.?  WHAT WOULD LORRI DO?

Until we see each other on the road,

Keep the wind in your face
Tits in your back
and The Man off your ass!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment