It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Monday, January 17, 2011

A video I just got turned on to... enjoy

A friend turned me onto this video last night. This was on my birthday while I was hosting the Broken Spoke Saloon during the 70th Sturgis Rally. Michael Lichter had told the big man, Jay Allen that he wanted to shoot some burnouts. Jay told me and I was off to search the crowd. This is the World Famous Broken Spoke Saloon and we don't do it any other way than big. While the day was going on we hosted the Easy Rider Ride in Chopper Show. Not only did we have burnouts, but we had insane burnouts. I grabbed the one and only Teach, Cycle Source Magazines, Man of the year and gently applied a lil bit of pressure. How bout showing the world that these old bikes aren't just for showing but they are show as hell for BLOWING!!! I could see the pain in his eyes as he said, JackShit, I'd love to, but I have to ride her home and the tranny is brandy new. I said well, no worries man, just thought you would like to show the world. I walked away fully knowing that I lit a fuse. Roadside Marty won the whole kitten caboodle, Best Of Show and I hit him with the very same speech. He hit me with the same reaction. Oh well I said, I think there are a pair of Honda Goldwings that are waiting, they'll do it, they are dying to. That was it, the rest was history. I made the announcement that we were about to do some burnouts..... the crowd went nuts. As I stepped up to the stage, mic in hand, my arm was grabbed, it was Roadside, he said, I'll be right back, with my bike.... OH HELL YEAH! As I turned to get back to business Teach was standing there and looking really serious, he said and I quote, I'm gonna do this and I am gonna do it for you! I love these two. Well they did it and they destroyed it! These burnouts were immortalized on mag covers and features all around the world. I have yet to see any of Lichter's shots but I know they must be incredible. Once again, without my friends, I am nothing, thank you all again and enjoy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment