It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Monday, March 26, 2012

This gives me goosebumps!

This was the video that I meant to post earlier.  We dedicated yesterday to once again raising awareness and money for the Wounded Warrior Project.  Other than the soldiers themselves, I don't know a more patriotic group of people than bikers!  They give even when it hurts and it makes good sense because a great many of them have either served themselves or have a family member has or is currently serving.  Last year, during AZ Bike Week I made a similar toast but with a lot more hatred towards the war, the govt., etc and as I walked off the stage there was a guy waiting for me.  We spoke for a few minutes about all things from bikes to battles and with that, he pulled off his leather vest, laid it on top of a big stack of I know Jack Shit T's shirts and pulled out his knife.  I had no idea what was going on, I thought for a moment something I had said pissed him off and with my record for doing that, it wasn't such a far stretch.  Instead, he had a patch sewn on and he pulled his knife and cut it off and gave it to me.  I will never forget this as long as I live for several reasons.  First and foremost, for the gesture alone but more importantly for the lesson that it taught me.  The patch was black and in BLOOD RED THREAD, simply read, FORGET THE WAR, NEVER THE WARRIOR!  Those words have stuck with me from that moment on and I say them to any crowd that I'm lucky enough to address.


I am notorious for either forgetting to take pics or remembering the simple fact that a video camera will not work unless of course you turn it on!  You would think with all the technical advances of recent years, a camera would know when something was important enough to capture and turn itself on!  This was important to me and I swore I hit the record button, however, I did not.  I realized by chance as I was speaking and looked down and saw that the magical little red light was not lit!  I was able to hit the button and capture a little bit of it, but surely enough for you to feel it!  The audio quality is great but truly does the massive roar of the crowd no justice!  I want to thank Dr. Bob Parsons for throwing this excellent party at his own expense as a way to introduce himself to our community in a very big way.


Until we see each other on the road again, hopefully this AZ Bike Week at the Dirty Dogg, which for the record I will be there from 3 pm every day again from tomorrow on through the massive Spring Fling on Saturday the 31st, keep the wind in your face, tits in your back and the man off your ASS!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment