It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Devil Years

Although there were a great many events and rides that I got to go on this past year that were in fact amazing, the flip side of that coin is there were quite a few that I had big plans to attend that I was not able to make it. Two examples of this were the now infamous Slab City Riot that got an epic screwing from THE MAN and the grand opening of the Perri Ink Cartel. The latter of those two, the folks from Cycle Source made the trip out and hosted the bike show. If you would like to see more coverage of the event, hit up some you tube and just search Rally TV or Perri Ink Cartel and I'm sure the vids will come up. I was truly bummed about missing those two. It is one thing to find out about an event after the fact and say "oh shit man, that sounds amazing, sorry I missed it", but it is another to have planned on going for weeks and then not make it. Some of you may remember, Slab City was the event that Charlie the Nomad and his ol' lady Jill crashed out at and they are both still healing to this day from that wreck.

A friend of mine sent me this video a few days ago in my inbox in face book of all places. If you guys know anything about me, you know that my face book inbox is like my personal albatros! I nearly missed this link but I'm so glad that I didn't. Perri Ink Cartel put this video out, it's called My Devil Years and everyone who needs to be mentioned here are in the credits. I think this is truly well done and a pleasure to view, with the exception of course that the damn thing was filmed in, on, to, from and at what in the end became Slab City this year! Just when it was out of my mind, nearly forgotten and didn't hurt as bad to think about, this video pops up and pours salt in that old wound! Mad props for this video, I loved it. If there is one video that I have seen that puts our "riding life" and "style" in to prospective, this short film captures it. I recognized quite a few faces in this and oddly enough, I recognized even more of the bikes then I did the people! Just goes to show where my priorities are.

So take a few minutes, enjoy this film and by all means, check out Perri Ink Cartel out in L.A. when you are in town!



Until we see each other on the road again, or in a few weeks down in Daytona,

Keep the wind in your face,
Tits in your back
and The Man off your Ass!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment