It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Friday, November 18, 2011

Choppertown Campground Insane Burnout

As you guys know by now from reading my writing, I am a firm believer in the theory that the Universe puts people in your path for a reason, and how you react to that has direct effect on the rest of your life. You can choose to allow that person in and it could be a huge mistake as has been my recent experience or you can choose not to and miss out on having someone amazing in your life. The true mystery is, how do you make that decision? DON'T ASK ME, HALF THE TIME I'M WRONG!

In this case however I was not. At the very first Smoke Out West up in Cottonwood, AZ, we decided to camp out on private property. The "event" at said property was billed out to be just amazing. It was not in any way shape or form. One thing and only one thing good came out of setting up camp at that house and that was meeting the man you will see in the video below. His name is Ken and he owns FTD Cycles here in Phoenix. In getting to know each other that night, I consumed more Jack Daniels and more Jaeger than at any time in my life. We were both equally passionate in our love for JD! We drank until there was nothing left and then as the sun rose, we crawled in to our tents. The friends that I was there with woke me up like three hours later shaking my tent and asking me if I was going to sleep all day in to the night? Man I not only felt like death, but I swear, I was still shit faced drunk, how can that be? We rode off up to Jerome, AZ and were hanging out. People wanted to eat and drink and raise hell and all I wanted to do was die. We had been away from camp for a few hours and I happen to ask someone if they had the time. "Yeah sure, it's almost 11". WHAT? I had not been sleeping all day, I had only been sleeping a short time..... I WAS STILL DRUNK! Those bastards got me good. On the way back down the mountain, on the shoulder of the road, I see Ken. He was still so shitfaced and sick, he could not make it up the mountain. I did not see him again for like 18 months and when I did, I asked if he wanted a drink..... NO! Our drinking that night led him to never drink again! WOW! I thought nobody ever lived up to those deals they made with God when they are drunk, this man did!

We don't see each other as often as I'd like, but every time I do, I think back about that night and the day after and have no idea how we survived it! While working AZ Bike Week last year, I missed out on going to Choppertown Camparound and that sucked. My buddy Ken went and our pal Joey Chop caught this video, I sure hope he doesn't mine me sharing it! As I understand, this was a brand new tire, put on for this very reason! This is one hell of a burnout! Joey, thanks for capturing this and making me really feel like shit for not making it to Choppertown!



Until we see each other on the road,

Keep the wind in your face,
Tits in your back
and The Man off your ass!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

1 comment:

  1. Nice job man, you were missed by everyone!!!!Roll on the next choppertown!!

    ReplyDelete