It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Friday, February 4, 2011

It's What I Do!

I have so many friends from all over the world now and a great many of you have never had the chance to see me do stand up! Now that I have MY VERY OWN software, I can finally get some of this footage out. For years people pleaded with me to try Stand up comedy and the thought of it just freaked me out. I have had a mic in my hand since I was a kid and I was always lucky enough to make people laugh when I wrote something funny. The thought of getting up on stage with the sole purpose of making people laugh non stop for any length of time sent chills down my spine and I wouldn't do it.

With enough pressure applied to me in just the right way I was seriously considering it. I have never cancelled a gig and I have never not showed up for a gig and for the first time in my life I was seriously considering it. The show that I thought I was going to do, maybe 5 or 10 minutes which is a LONG ASS TIME on stage turned into being 2 - 30 minute sets and I could barely breathe. 2 sets like that, shit, that's an HBO special and this would be the first time that I ever tried it. Like I said, I wanted to back out, I was damn near sick over the whole thing. Then I got the call, you will be opening up for Tommy Lee, oh boy! Well that won't look so bad on a resume' right? So I agreed and that's when I found out about the number of sets and their length. I was in Hawaii, I had no material and I had 5 days to write it and sell tickets. But who the hell would want to see me? Not to mention that the show was on Valentines Day. As it turns out, a great many people wanted to see me do this and for a long time. You guys were so supportive of me, I ended up playing to a sold out room and looking back, this was one of the highlights of my life and forever altered the path I was on. Here is a clip from my first ever attempt at Stand up! It's just a quick one and I hope you all enjoy it. In time, I will bust out more of these clips and I truly hope it brings a warm smile to your face on an incredibly cold winter day. Enjoy my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Jack.. There are some things that are for SURE!

    If I EVER get married again you will be my hitcher, I’ll get ya here somehow.

    When I’m gone you WILL be my reaper, my daughter will have to figure how to get ya here but she will.

    If I’m ever near where you are on stage I WILL BE IN THE AUDIENCE!!!!

    ReplyDelete