It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Saturday, December 18, 2010

Not as bad as it seemed !


It seems that although I am having the most interesting experience of a lifetime at an Interactive Animal Park  more often than not in the last few years,I feel like I am the Giraffe, not the COMPLETE JACK ASS on the chair!  But in looking back on this year alone I realized that there was more good than bad and that is one hell of a nice change of pace.  By now you know that I like to set my camera down on a rock, a ledge or any thing that I can prop it up against and keep it balanced.  When I am out on the road or there is just no one to share a great moment with, I just set my auto timer and hope for the best. 

Looking back on this past year, not only did I realize that we survived yet another really tough year.  A year that was just absolutely brutal for so many but that there were times that were not only great but those times made some memories that will last a life time. 
I got to hang in a storage shed and watch a mad man's progress on an incredible piece of art.  It's far from what it seems at a quick glance.
In one night alone, Charlie the Nomad and I killed 56 BLACK WIDOW SPIDERS outside my house.

I had some of the very best times that I have ever had on stage in my life this past year.

That view above, well it can be the loneliest place on earth and the scariest.  In this case I had a ball!

I knew my luck was all turning around when this onion ring was tossed from "Dart Throwing" distance shooting to land it on the antler, ON PURPOSE and I got it!

I got to take a ride in Sturgis with a few friends, old and new!

One of the highlights of my life, I had a Doobie Brother tell me he enjoyed my performance.... HOLY SHIT!

I got to ride along, if only briefly, with the riders of the Cannonball.  The bikes were nothing short of miraculous!
I was able to witness one of the greatest acts of love and devotion to God that you could ever imagine.  A man's life work.  This is all done with simple paint and caulk and yes, it is a mountain!

I was invited into and given the full tour of WHEELS THROUGH TIME MUSEUM and it's one of the highlights of my life!  You need to get there sometime in your life, bucket list item for sure.

I got to ride a motorcycle cross country for the very first time ever.  Another bucket list item, check!  I met some amazing people on the road.  Life long friends I am sure.

I got to reconnect with an old friend I hadn't seen in 13 years and see him blow the roof off of the Dodge Theater. 

First bike show ever and I took best of show.... incredible
The lil woman and I made it through our 24th Hell Ride of a year together.

and a good friend showed me the joy of hanging out and shopping at Goodwill.  This is really only a portion of the things that my friends found to help keep me busy in 10'.  For the first time in a long time things are really looking up for my family and I only hope and pray that it is for you guys too.   I believe that with everything "life" has become over the past few years, it's been as good as it has bad.  The good you ask?  Think about all the "bad" people that were around or in your life.  Those people weren't able to fake it anymore, those people who didn't have good souls showed their true nature and some of the wrong people faded off into the sunset.  Although we have all been through some shit, I think in the end somehow we come out better. 

MAKE GREAT MEMORIES BECAUSE NOTHING CAN TAKE THEM AWAY.

5 comments:

  1. So were ya asked to leave after defiling the giraffe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky, to be honest with you, for 8 months I have been going twice a week to see her. Please don't tell anyone about it though, it's just our secret.

    ReplyDelete