It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Saturday, April 7, 2012

There is a great tale to tell here

So much has happened over the last four weeks that bits and pieces of it are beginning to get lost on me.  I don't want that to happen because those very weeks have been a whirlwind tour filled with memories that I will be able to pull from the memory bank when I'm down and need a happy thought.  If I leave it up to my brain to save that shit then I'll more than likely be clean out of luck.  The way I embed those memories is by writing about them.  It seems that once I do that, they are forever etched in my twisted lil mind. 

What began in a crisis trying to get ready for Daytona Bike Week at the Spoke ran virtually non stop up until this past Saturday with the culmination of AZ Bike Week.  Add the most evil case of bronchitis in my down time between rallies and you can see why I am so shot out.  Normally, when I arrive home or wherever it is that I am laying my head that evening, I am so pumped up that I can't sleep and I use that time to put some thoughts down "for the record".  Over these last rallies, I've been so shot out that I just didn't have it in me to do.  Now I am trying to play catch up.  I've written virtually nothing for this blog, nothing for Cycle Source's blog and not one single solitary thing for the magazine itself.  I've been offered a few other writing gigs that are itching for a lil bit of JackShitlosophy and I can't seem to produce any.  I've just not had it in me.  Here we are now, 3 weeks later and I am still sicker than I've been in over a decade and I find myself exhausted with the slightest effort at anything.  I'm up for a few hours and then I sleep for a few hours and repeat.  Add to this, the worse health scare we've had for Diane since she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis nearly 12 years ago and you can see why it's been difficult for me to sit down and write. 

I've gotten your messages, well at least the most recent ones.  Two days ago, I opened up my AOL account, yes I still have one and it had over 13,000 new messages.  I just sat there stunned looking at the screen and then closed the page.  I know that before Daytona, I promised that I would catch up on email and obviously that didn't happen, so I'm sorry about that.  Back to the new messages now and the point that I was making.  I love when you folks write to me and it humbles me when I get what I can only describe as hate mail and threats for not writing!  I can't stop laughing when I open a message that reads "hey asshole, how am I supposed to take my morning dump without something to read" or "my morning coffee doesn't taste the same without my morning Jack Shit"!  I am going to get caught up here at home, I'm going to do what it takes to get myself well and I promise, I will share the story of Daytona, what happened to Diane and AZ Bike Week with you all.  I've been trying to just post up quick video clips and stuff so you guys didn't think I abandoned you all together. 

So what I am trying to say is thank you so very much for all the messages, kind words and concern.  We've hit some speed bumps here but won't let them stop us, they have only slowed us down a bit.  The moment that I can stay awake long enough to sit down and hammer these keys I will do it.  I hope that spring has sprung for everyone and that it brings nothing but good things your way! 

For everyone who has been affected by these tornadoes, you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I can only hope that your lives get put back together as quickly and as painlessly as possible.  The drawing in the photo on top of the page was done by my friend Dian with a Sharpie on canvas while at the Spoke in Daytona.  She can knock most of these out in under five minutes.  Next time you see her at a rally, tell her you are my friend and do yourself a favor and allow her to draw you!  Until we see each other on the road again,

Keep the wind in your face,
Tits in your back
and the Man off your ASS!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment