It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm telling you, this shit really works!

So the other day I had written about always doing the right thing, at any cost and I truly try to live by it.  I also received comments about the Karma Truck backing up to my front door and unloading and I said oh yeah that day is long over due.  You get a bit disheartened sometimes no matter how much good you do.   Everyone always says that it is better to give than receive and I too believe that from the bottom of my heart but, sometimes it just feels good to be recognized or thanked. 

Now about this shit really working, here is a perfect example.  You all know about "Panda" getting killed on the bike right?  Even though I didn't know him, I still performed the memorial service to help ease the pain of some friends.  A week or so later, I volunteered my time to host the benefit to raise money for the boys he left behind.  See, doing good things right?  So while there, a friend from facebook and hell, maybe even myspace that I had never met in person walks up and introduces herself.  We had photo comments and such but never really much conversation.  Since we really never met, what did we have to talk about right?  She turned out to be really very nice in person.  As luck would have it, I got pulled away and our time was cut short.  The Microphone called!  Now this fine lady is helping another friend who lives here in Az.  He is going through a world of shit and I mean a WORLD OF SHIT!  To make a long story short on this part, the state put this poor bastard on the rack and stretched him until he nearly broke!  In this glorious process, he has damn near lost everything.  The fine lady that I mentioned earlier invited him to stay with her and gave him a roof over his head.... that's good shit to do for someone!  MORE GOOD DEEDS HAPPENING NOW!

So less than 48 hours after meeting this lovely lady I get a message.  Her ex is jammed up and is really getting it good from the system.  Like so many, he is beat down and near busted from the world we are all living in right now.  He has a bike, a good bike and he needs to get rid of it.  One friend suggested to another that they reach out to me.  "Jack Shit is asshole deep in this shit" he said, if anyone can help you get this done quick, it's him!  I got the message and took a look at a pic taken by cell phone online.  It was hard to tell how it really looked, hell, it was at least intact!  I reached out to the ex and made arrangements to check it out.  When we got there, we got to talking about all the shit going on in every one's lives.  I explained that we too had been beaten down hard over the last few years and suggested he just keep knuckling up and pushing forward.  Here is the bike that he had to sell


Imagine my surprise when I got there and saw that not only was it an FXR but a FXRSC, yeup, the ever elusive Convertible.  I was no longer interested in helping these fine folks to move a bike that had to go and find someone to take it.... it was taken!  The person was found!  Now although the paint and shiny stuff is not at all my style, THIS BITCH IS BAD!  So while bullshitting in the back yard, we negotiated a fair price for both of us.  This guy was dynamite, he knew what he had, but knew too well that it had to go and go quick, with no getting jerked around and he was a realist when it comes to what used bikes are worth.  He was such a nice guy that we decided that we would do not only a good deed for him but a great deed.  Here is another picture of the bike and then I'll tell ya.



So now it was quite hard to come up to the number he wanted and it was quite hard for him to come down to the number I wanted so we found a happy medium and the deal was done.  After just learning what my new friend was going through we put our expertise in gear and we explained to him how in a deal that he was involved in, he could make an extra, 2-3 thousand dollars and come out ahead of the game by using this little known trick.  Turns out that he didn't know and it felt great to help him find out about it!  So by him not being a dick when we came together on the price, what we taught him will put far more money in his pocket than what he came off on the price of the bike. 

See where I am going with this all?  When you do nice, good things and do right by people, maybe the universe does kick it back every now and again?  Had I not helped my friends in their desperate time of loss, I would never have been at the benefit, had I not been at the benefit I would not have met this friend in person, had she not met me in person, I would not have come up in the minds of my friends when they thought about the bike, had I not been a good friend to the friend living with her I would not have been suggested, had I not been a good person the guy with the bike would have thought me a scum bag and not made a deal with me, had he not made a deal with me I still would have told him about how to do better for himself but I may not have felt as good as I did about it!  lol... 

I always say just do the right thing and do it for just that very reason, because it is the right thing!  It is just that simple!  I will say though that it does feel really good to have something good happen back for you.  I really began to forget about what it felt like when that happened.  Don't get me wrong, I have exceptional friends that would do anything to help us anytime we asked, the thing is, we virtually never ask.  What makes this so great is that this happened and I never asked for it to......   and THAT SHIT ROCKS!  So, ya wanna see her ass?  I thought so, here you go, hope you enjoy it.



I will not say the who's who or the who did what's or why but I will just say thank you to;  Coty, Ed, Tracy, Diane, Byron, Mario and Panda, the friend I never got to have.  You each had a SIGNIFICANT SPOT in the direct line of GOOD DEEDS AND GESTURES that made this all work out for the very best.  Beginning sadly with the loss of a friend to me back on the road with a reliable scooter and putting me hard in to the wind again!  Now everyone, get out there and do some good!

 I'm telling you, it pays off in the end in more ways than one.  I guess I'll not only be seeing you on the road, but I'll be seeing you on roads much further away!

3 comments:

  1. You bought Byrons bike? Right on! .....she was on my list of bikes to look at, but I am glad you got to her before anyone else did, and you will appreciate her. Thanks Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going cross eyed and haven't slept in a few days, but read it all and I'll comment when I snap out of the state of functioning coma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's work at its finest... I couldn't be happier knowing you are the new owner of Byron's bike...

    ReplyDelete