It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm so sick of this shit!

Where does the greed end?  To fly from Arizona to Sturgis any other time of the year runs between $39 - $59 bucks each direction depending on what day you fly.  Now that is a direct flight from Mesa to Rapid City.  Those flights are going up each day as the rally gets closer.  I can understand that demand drives cost, it is the way of the world but when is enough, enough?  The round trip flight, if booked now is just under $400.  Here is the kicker now, so pay attention.  Those prices are on a small, regional carrier and it takes about 2.5 hours to fly there.  If you fly out of Phoenix, depending on what time you leave, it takes between 16 -20 hours to get to Rapid City with at least one layover, some flights two layovers and the cost is anywhere between $640 - $900!  Does this make any sense to anyone?  It takes about 16-20 hours to drive there!  Perhaps that is just what happens, the plane actually never takes off and it just follows the freeways to Rapid City. 

I had hoped that Diane would be able to join me for a few days early in the week before the rally got too busy and too intense to spend any time with her.  If she takes the less expensive flight, she is gone for 5 days and that is far too long to be away from home and work.  My niece who is moving in with us from Jersey just scored a great job here and begins on August 6th in Tempe and she has to be home for that.  This is the very reason why I try not to make plans and get excited about them as someone or something always screws them up! 

Speaking of Sturgis, check this shit out; Click on this damn link!  We've got some pretty big plans to entertain you all this year and I am looking forward to trying to bring some much needed smiles to your face!

Until we see each other on the road again,

Keep the wind in your face,
Tits in your back
and The Man off your ASS!

Your friend,
Jack Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment