It's been a good ride so far!

Since I was just a kid all I have ever wanted to do was to make people laugh or just smile. As a child, an educator sent a note home to my parents. It read; If your son thinks he is going to get through life making people laugh he is in for a RUDE AWAKENING! He is not living up to his potential. WELL, I'M STILL NOT! But at this site you will at least see me try. From the heart, thank you for even being interested, it means the world to me. I always say, I have not a single fan but many a friend!



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Flute Salute! What a loving way to say goodbye.

I wish I could find the very first piece that got me back to writing something other than comedy. I believe it was called grace under fire and it was written within the first days after my dear friend F Bomb's Queen Lorrianne was killed while racing the Stampede. She was known to all involved as the queen of the Stampede and after she passed, we learned that she was a Queen for so many more reasons. If the accident wasn't horrible enough, it seemed that the insult to the injury was each day seemed to bring more and more heartache and disgusting acts by people who had nothing to do with this Angel's life! Nobody had any idea of how many people's lives she had personally touched until the day of her service. I performed part of the funeral but there was not much to say. Lorri was a truly genuine, pure soul and it seemed that there was nothing that I could say that could conceivably speak to what an amazing person she was. The turnout at her service was like no other service that I had ever seen, much less had the honor of speaking at. I spoke of Lorri briefly, read a poem that I had written and then asked everyone to live like Lorri did and to base all future decisions on four simple letters, W.W.L.D? WHAT WOULD LORRI DO? If one person in a thousand on earth would live their life, like Lorri lived hers, the world would be an incredible place to live and it would be filled with love rather than hate and turmoil. As this video begins, you can see me step away. I had just introduced another friend, his name was Greg and he had a very special way that he wanted to send Lorri off and lift her spirit straight up to the heavens on a magical wave of incredible love. As the video plays, I panned around just so you could see the amount of people who came to honor this incredible woman and I could not even fit them all in. It is hard to believe that nearly two years have gone by since we lost her. If I have one major regret in my life, it is that Diane and I could not get a chance to have known her longer!


It is hard to tell, but Lorri was a huge fan and member of the Kiss Army and behind Greg playing the flute is her Kiss Casket. It is the baddest casket that I have ever seen! To this day, the endless love that is displayed by Brother F Bomb for his queen has never wavered, never lessened and will live eternally. I found this video that I had posted in an old you tube account when I suddenly remembered the account name. One day, I will find that piece that I wrote about the tragedy, because without Lorri even knowing, she changed my life as well. Long May You Run amongst the Angels, Queen of the Stampede. I just wanted to share this with you because when I saw this video again, it just blew me away. For all who have lost the ones they loved in their lives, myself included, know that you too were loved. If the time comes and I too pass, I could only pray that one tenth of the amount of people who attended this service would attend mine to show me final respect. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN SUCH A LOVING TRIBUTE TO A REAL LIFE, LIVING ANGEL!

Till we see each other on the road again, please be safe, watch your mirrors, so that we never have to feel the pain of losing someone so precious again! I won't desecrate this post by talking about the wind, tits or cops chasing you, but I will end it with those same four letters W.W.L.D.? What would Lorri Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment